Ten years ago this month, ‘Okie’ made the switch from being a Blogger.com blog to a self-hosted WordPress-powered platform for my personal bloviating. Like this year, 2004 was also an election year, a PRESIDENTIAL election year, and as I look back on the archives, this writer was a tireless supporter for the reelection of George W. Bush to a second term, over the rather pathetic Democrat candidate, our current Sec. of State, John (“I’m reporting for duty”) Kerry.
We had to wait another two whole years for the Dems to take over Congress in 2006, where they began plowing the ground for the election of a Democrat president. Who at that time would have thought it possible that Barack Obama, an unproven, inexperienced politician from Chicago, would become POTUS? With all that happened during his first term, it’s even more inconceivable that he would have been reelected in 2012. One thing we do know, our Narcissist-in-Chief loves nothing more than the sound of his own voice, and to further that love affair, continues to campaign tirelessly for his party and its nominees — even when he should be back at the D.C. ranch taking care of Presidential business. Why? Because, it’s really all that he knows how to do well.
Barack Obama… he’s always been, and will always be…
This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 at 9:15 am and is filed under Focus On Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed. | Print This Post | Email This Post
- December 7th – A Day Still Living In Infamy: The Attack On Pearl Harbor Remembered
- 10 Years Later… What Went Around, Comes Back Around
- OUR Greatest Challenge Awaits US… Can WE Rise To It?
- Happy Father’s Day
- Memorial Day 2014
- The Racism of an NBA Team Owner and the Long Knives of the Press
- Happy Blessed Easter 2014 … Christ is Risen!
- Roe v. Wade — 41 Years Later
- Another Test of ‘Publicize’
- Test post of WordPress Jet Pack’s “Publicize”