Making comparisons to the identities and policies between George W. Bush’s presidency and that of the current White House resident’s, The Anchoress asks Leftists: Why Don’t You Hate Obama?
There’s lots there to read, and it’s intriguing to contemplate, so go and read it all. Here’s a bit o’ the wrap up.
In reviewing all this, it does seem to me that this passionate “hate” of George W. Bush is based not on substance but on style. Obama swagger is cool; Bush swagger was arrogant. Obama arrogance is “confidence.” Bush confidence was “ignorance.” Obama’s misspeaks and gaffes are ignored, Bush’s were magnified. Obama looks good. Bush looked goofy. All that “hate” seems to be part of an adolescent values system that is willing to overlook a multitude of sins as long as you get to belong to the jock/cheerleader clique, and not the Nerd/AV gang.
Although some seem to be tireless in their efforts to convince me that I should “hate” President Bush as much as they think I “hate” President Obama, I don’t think we should “hate” anyone, and I am not seriously suggesting that you “should” hate President Obama. I am simply wondering why two men can do very similar (sometimes exactly the same) things, and the first man’s actions can garner your life-long, cockle-warming hate, while the other man’s actions go overlooked and your cockles go agreeably cold.
It really does no good to try and reason with Lefties, but sometimes we just have to give it another go . . .
This entry was posted on Monday, October 12th, 2009 at 5:42 pm and is filed under Fever Swamp Madness, POTUS Obama. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed. | Print This Post | Email This Post
- Roe v. Wade — 41 Years Later
- Another Test of ‘Publicize’
- Test post of WordPress Jet Pack’s “Publicize”
- Merry Christmas – 2013 – We made it to another one!!!
- 72 Years Ago Today — The Attack On Pearl Harbor… Still NOT Forgetting
- Hollywood Liberals Host Telethon For Texas Abortions
- Another test of linking to FB to get the new, bigger image with the link.
- Sarah (Barracuda) Palin Goes Al Capone On Squishy GOP Senators Who Won’t Defund ObamaCare
- HE WHO HESITATES…IS LOST.
- MSM Refuses To Cover Trial Of Abortionist Kermit Gosnell