German Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the first German elected to the papacy since the beginning of the second millennium, has become Pope Benedict XVI. Ratzinger, former archbishop of Munich and leader of the Congregation of the Doctrine of the Faith, was a very conservative Cardinal and was a defender of Catholic orthodoxy for the last 23 years.
Not being Catholic, I don’t feel adequate to comment further, I’m sure there will be much analysis and exploration of this new Pope’s potential at The Anchoress:
After 1000 years, another German pope. And the next World Youth Day will be held in 116 days.
That Holy Spirit! What a prankster!
Congratulations to all our Catholic Brothers & Sisters in Christ. Looks like the legacy of John Paul II is not to be forgotten. (db)
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 19th, 2005 at 11:03 am and is filed under Focus On Politics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed. | Print This Post | Email This Post
- MSM Refuses To Cover Trial Of Abortionist Kermit Gosnell
- Happy Blessed Easter… Christ is Risen!
- Is Our POTUS “Mad As A Hatter”???
- Obama Press Pool Awaits Golf Score…
- Merry Christmas – 2012
- 71 Years Ago Today — The Attack On Pearl Harbor… Never Forget
- Obama Wins 2nd Term: We Got Our Asses Kicked Hard Last Night…
- Time For Some REAL Hope For A Change
- 9-11-2012 — Still Not Forgetting…
- On Enforcing Obamacare. . .